- Destination: Nepal
- Activities: Trekking
- Trip Grade: Moderate
- Departure from: Kathmandu,Nepal
- Arrival on: kathmandu,Nepal
- Max Attitude: 3,870 M
- Group size: 1-12 people
- Best Seasons: spring,autumn
The Langtang Valley is the closest trekking region from Kathmandu. However, the entire region is yet untouched by the waves of modernization and urbanization, thus maintain its age-old natural beauty and cultural traditions. The Langtang Valley Trek is an incredible opportunity to explore this and much more.
With the expert group of guides and porters of the Langtang Valley Trek, thrill seekers not only get the chance to experience what trekking really is but also to explore the wild and mystical Langtang Valley. Aptly known as the valley of glaciers, the snow-capped mountain peaks and the gorgeous glaciers come to full view in the journey of this trek. The views of the Langtang Lirung are abundant, along with the view of other snowcapped mastiff like Ganesh Himal. Swift mountain streams, pine forests and rugged rocky areas are the attractions of the trek.
Start the trek from Syabrubesi and follow the Langtang River to the Kyangjin Gompa. From here a gentle slope and dramatic ridges later, we come across the colorful prayer flags filled region of Langtang Vallet. Yak herders, brightly painted chortens and the inhabitants like the Tibetans, Tamang, and Sherpa. Embark on the off beaten path to the Tserko Ri, Lama Hotel, and several other villages and return home happy, with content hearts willing to come back for more.
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu airport Transfer to hotel (1320m)
Pick up from Tribhuvan International Airport and transfer to the concerned hotel by private coach. After refreshment, we have meeting and go through the process of equipment checking, discuss about the trekking and meeting your trekking guide.
Day 02: Tour of Kathmandu Valley including World Heritages Sites (6/7 hour tour)
After breakfast our tour guide will accompany you for the Sight-seeing tour of Kathmandu valley.
Day03: Kathmandu Drive to Syabru Bensi (1,550m/5,100ft): 145 km/ 8 hrs
From Kathmandu, it takes about eight hour drive to Syabru Bensi which is north of Kathmandu. The driving is through the scenic foothills through the terraced fields and rustic villages. The superb view of the Himalayas includes Mt Annapurna, Manaslu, Ganesh Himal and other peaks of Langtang trekking regions. In between we will have lunch.
Day04: Syabru Besi trekking to – Lama Hotel (2450m/8038ft.) 6 hours.
The trail crosses through the Bhote Koshi River flowing down from Tibet and follow the Langtang Khola. The trail leads through subtropical forest which consists of oak and maple, massive spruce, fir and blue pine. We can have lunch stop at Bamboo (1960m) which lies at the bank of Langtang Khola. The trail begins climbing from here through the forests of oak and rhododendron. Overnight at Lama Hotel.
Day05: Lama Hotel Trek to Langtang Village (3,430m/11,253ft): 6/7 hours.
The trail climbs steadily to Ghora Tabela (2992m) with the glimpses of Langtang Lirung (7246m). From Ghora Tabela, the trail continues up the valley leaving the forests and leads into a wide valley of yak pastures and scattered Tamang villages. After passing the monastery we will reach the Langtang Village which is head quarters of Langtang National Park. The village has flat- roofed Tibetan style houses and the valley is surrounded by stone walls enclosing fields where buckwheat, potatoes, wheat, turnips and barley are planted.
Day06: Trek to Kyanjin Gompa (3,870m/12,697ft) 3 hours.
Leaving Langtang village we ascend gradually to a chorten (a small Tibetan Buddhist Stupa). The trail climbs gradually through small village and rich yak pastures. After crossing several small streams with wooden cantilever bridges and moraines, we will reach the settlement of Kyanjin Gompa, where we can see the small monastery and the Government operated cheese factory. After having lunch we can explore the area where one will be rewarded with the panoramic views of Langtang Lirung (7246m), Kyangjin Ri (4750m.), Ganja La (5160m.), Langshisa- Ri (6427m.), Dorje Lhakpa (6430m.), Yala peak (5500m) etc. overnight at guest house.
Day07: Rest/ Exploration day in Kyanjin.
rest and exploration day. You may visit the Cheese Factory. A day hike further up the valley provides the spectacular, breath-taking panorama of the Langtang Lirung, Langtang range, Kinshung, Yansa Tsenji and the foot of the huge Lirung Glacier. Fromthere about ¾ hour hike to the east of Kyanjing Gompa reaches the Tsergo Ri. There are several alternative side trips, the surrounding areas of the North have many smaller uninhabited valleys. Overnight at Kyanjin Gompa.
Day08: Trekking back to Lama Hotel (2450m/8038ft) 6 hours.
We will trek back to Lama Hotel. We will follow the same trail back following the Langtang Khola to Langtang village and on to Ghora Tabela. After having a lunch stop continue steep descend to Lama Hotel for overnight at guest house.
Day09: Trek to Syabru Bensi (1,550m/5,100ft): 6 hours.
Today after breakfast we hike back to Syabru Besi. The trail is mostly downhill through the lush green vegetation with enjoying fascinating view of mountains and green hills. We have to pass through Lama and Sherpa villages. Overnight at guest house.
Day10:Syabru Bensi drive back to Kathmandu
Drive back to Kathmandu which takes about 8 hours, having lunch in between, transfer to hotel. At evening join Nepali cultural show accompanied with dinner with the memory of your trekking adventure. Overnight at hotel.
Day11:Final departure, Transfer to Airport.
Last day of your trip; we will transfer to airport for final departure to destination country.
Included in the Cost
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car/van
- 3 night’s accommodation in Kathmandu on a twin sharing bed and breakfast basis.
- Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing tour with English speaking Tour guide, and transport by private car / van.
- Langtang National park Trekking Permit.
- TIMS (Trekking Information Management System) Card for the Langtang Trekking .
- Full board meals during the trekking (meals are choices from Menu) Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner).Twin sharing Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trekking
- Seasonal fresh fruits like orange, apple, banana and grape etc
- An Experienced & Professional Government license holder Trekking guide trained in wilderness and first aid.
- Above The Himalaya’s duffle bag if necessary.
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Trekking porter carry all personal gear and group equipment( 1 porter for 2 person basis)
- Food, accommodation, salary, local tax, all trekking equipment and medicine for all trekking staff.
- Proper Insurance for all trekking staff including porter.
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and all Government Taxes
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and trip dossiers
- Above the Himalaya Special Gifts (T shirt, Pashmina shawl, Trekking certificates and others)
- Welcome/Fare well Nepali Culture Dinner in Kathmandu
- All local transportation
Not Included in the Cost
- Nepal entry Visa Fee (You can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Nepal’s Airport in Kathmandu )
- International/Domestic Airfare and Airport Tax, sightseeing entry fee
- Any kind of Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, hot water
- Dessert, chocolates, personal shopping, laundry, phone call, internet, Camera battery charging.
- Personal trekking Equipment, travel and medical insurance & helicopter rescue, personal expences.
- Tips and Gratitude (Tipping is expected, but it is not mandatory)
- Any other expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
0 Reviews on Langtang Valley Trek