- Destination: Nepal
- Activities: Trekking
- Trip Grade: Easy
- Departure from: Kathmandu,Nepal
- Arrival on: kathmandu,Nepal
- Max Attitude: 2800
- Group size: 2-12 people
- Best Seasons: Nov to march
Gorkha Heritage Trek takes to the mesmerizing Gorkha region located at the central western part of the scenic and culturally diverse country Nepal. The Gorkha Heritage Trek gives a full view of the warm and welcoming Gurung people and their fascinating culture.
Gorkha Heritage trek leads to the robust and eventful Gorkha Bazar from the capital city, Kathmandu. The Gorkha Bazar leads to the Gurung Village Barpak to give a picturesque view of the Gurung community performing their daily rituals. The dense heritage of the Gurung community consisting of their captivating shrines and their awe-inspiring beliefs can be witnessed on the way towards their village. Apart from intermingling with the culturally sturdy Gurung community, the Gorkha Heritage Trek also displays a panoramic view of the high standing snowcapped and gigantic mountains such as Annapurna, Machhapuchhare, Fungi Himal, Manaslu, Himal Chuli, Peak 29, Buddha Himal, and more. The Gorkha Heritage Trek eventually ends at the Baseri Village from Laprak & Gumda.
The properly drafted itinerary and services offered by Asian Alpine Treks and Expedition promises safety along with an exceptional time for the fervent troupers who want to board on a jovial expedition towards the appealing, riveting and scenic Gorkha Heritage Trek.
1 Day: After driving from Kathmandu to Turture you start the Trek
from there, following Chepe Khola, up to Tatipokhari (around 3 hours), where you spend the first night.
2. – 4. Day: Today you walk up to Amppipal (4 – 5 hours). Here accomodation is provided either in the Guesthouse of Amppipal Hospital or as homestay with
Nepalese families in the villages Amppipal and Harmi. A visit of the Hospital
is possible. Hiking up to the top of Ligligkot is especially recommended: the
view from up there is just wonderful. And hear the history of the place from your Nepalese family!
5. Day: You walk downhills to Harmi, where teabrake is possible. The path down leads through forests and rice fields, with spectacular mountain views included. Gradually you walk further down until you climb down to Karkhola, which is crossed via a typical suspension bridge. From there on good condition is needed: to climb the steep hill through forest and fields, valley of Chepe Khola stretching below. Lunch break at Jamuni. Finally tasty Dal Bhatt and bed is waiting for you at Thalajung.
8. Day: opportunity to visit the old king‘s palace and the museum. An option is to go
on by car or bus to Bandipur with its gorgeous view of the Annapurna Range and
its tourist ressorts.
9. Day: Back to Kathmandu or go on to Pokhara
Individual changes are always possible: just talk to your Guide!
Also combinations with Annapurna Trekking is well recommended – or combine your Amppipal Trek with sightseeing tours in Kathmandu Valley and short trips from there. Or visit the tropic jungle in Chitwan….
Don‘t hesitate to ask: we will plan your individuel experience of
0 Reviews on Gorkha Heritage Trek